The Health Sciences Centre Foundation raises money in order to improve the care and facilities at HSC Winnipeg for the families who need care at the hospital every day.
The HSC is the backbone of the health care
system in Manitoba, and donations to the HSC Foundation enable us to continue to help Manitoba families through research,
education and improved patient care at the hospital. HSC provides specialized support for trauma, neurology, burn, and transplant patients. Donations to the HSC Foundation support patient care in these areas, and also enables researchers and physicians to learn about new ways to improve care even further at facilities like the Kleysen Institute for Advanced Medicine.
The gifts we receive from donors, sponsors, and other supporters make a big difference in the lives of the patients we see every day, helping to develop and expand research and healthcare at HSC Winnipeg. By supporting the HSC Foundation's efforts, you are bringing hope to life.
About the Health Sciences Centre
Manitoba's flagship health care facility for patients, HSC Winnipeg also plays a key role in educating health care professionals – physicians, nurses, allied health providers and researchers. It is the main referral, teaching and research centre in our province.
- One of largest, single health care facilities in Canada taking up over 4 million square feet on 32 acres.
- Designated as the trauma centre for Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario and Nunavut.
- The centre for neurosurgery, transplants, burns, and for most hospital-based pediatric care in Manitoba.
- Nearly 8,000 staff and volunteers, including more than 6,000 medical staff and 800 dedicated volunteers.
- Over 12,000-15,000 people pass through the halls on any given day.
- More than 22,000 surgeries are performed each year. Entire facility – more than 383,000 outpatient/ambulatory visits annually.
- Emergency services – more than 100,000 visits per year.