2014 General Operating Grants
- $70,000 to Dr. Jennifer Kornelsen to study the relationship of brain structure and function in patients with chronic facial pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia). The study will use MRI imaging in patients undergoing treatment for chronic facial pain.
- $67,953 to Dr. Dana Moffat to study the incidence of complications such as recurrent gall stones, pancreatitis, cholangitis and cancers in patients who have received a specific treatment, known as ERCP, for bile duct and pancreas disease.
- $66,750 to Dr. Chase Figley to study cognitive decline symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) patients. The study will use MRI imaging to evaluate underlying changes in brain structure and function of MS patients.
- $14,972 to Melissa Colbeck to study the relationship between sensory processing patterns, cognitive impairment and fatigue related to quality of life for MS patients. The research has the potential to shape and improve the delivery of occupational therapy services in the MS Clinic at HSC Winnipeg.
- $5,850 to Patrick Gross to study patients who receive an above-the-knee prosthetic, evaluate their use and look to improve guidelines and long-term outcomes for these patients.
- $5,050 to Christine Finnbogason to study and compare the care experiences and satisfaction with care levels received by obese and non-obese mothers.
- $10,500 to Grace Choi to study how particular aspects of the human immune system suppress certain types of inflammation. The project will improve understanding of the immune system and has the potential to make a contribution toward new treatments, even possible new drugs, to deal with chronic inflammatory disorders.