The HSC Foundation offers careers where you can make a real difference in your community.
The Health Sciences Centre Foundation supports those who provide health care at HSC Winnipeg, Manitoba’s flagship hospital, by funding research, education, advanced technology, and infrastructure improvements. We are currently seeking a Digital and Marketing Specialist.
The Digital and Marketing Specialist is a member of the Marketing and Communications team under the guidance of the Development Department. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital and Marketing Specialist will assist in the delivery of a multi-faceted marketing and communications program which supports and enhances the HSC Foundation.
The Digital and Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating, coordinating, and managing all digital campaigns for fundraising, events, internal and external marketing materials, and community awareness; managing and running online content, including website and social media accounts; collaborating with Foundation staff to ensure digital applications meet organizational and end-user requirements. This position reports on analytics, and offers related recommendations for improvements to website, social media, and other forms of online communications.
The Digital and Marketing Specialist will:
• Develop and execute a social media strategy, analyzing and interpreting metrics and offering recommendations for improvement.
• Maintain and monitor the Foundation’s website and social media platforms by sourcing/creating and scheduling regular posts in keeping with HSC Foundation’s mission and marketing plan.
• Manage all digital needs of the Foundation by developing strategies and awareness campaigns to support internal and external fundraising efforts, communications, special events, and media/public relations.
• Manage the Foundation’s current social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and explore the use of additional platforms. Create strategies to advance messaging to the broader community, with a focus on awareness, fundraising, and calls to action for events, lotteries, and other initiatives.
• Attend and assist at events, as required, to ensure social media coverage.
• Oversee website updates, functionality, and analytics for the Foundation. Collaborate with staff to ensure relevant communication pieces are included on the website and are regularly maintained.
• Source relevant data, images, and other content from counterparts at HSC Winnipeg.
• Manage all internal marketing advertisements throughout HSC. Work in conjunction with Director of Marketing and Communications on plan and direction of content needed, including visuals for HSC TV screens/monitors. Design expertise is required to create these materials.
• Manage photography and video requirements as needed.
• Create videos to support marketing efforts of the fund development staff and work with outside vendors on video content.
• Assist with collection and inventory of video and photography for Donor Engagement System (a physical donor wall at HSC); work closely with third-party vendor to ensure content is updated regularly.
• Develop and create marketing materials for Foundation signature events, such as Radiothon and Savour (including a sponsorship package), tribute gifts, campaign collateral, etc. Design expertise will be required with these materials.
• Work with the Manager of Database and Research on Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud matters related to the Marketing and Communications portfolio, specific to website donor page functionality.
• Develop and coordinate online marketing strategies and fundraising initiatives.
• Distribute all e-blasts for the Foundation and support writing as required. Run reports, metrics, and manage data. Produce yearly plan and give direction on written content needed from Marketing and Communications Officer.
• Other duties or special projects as required.
• Relevant post-secondary education in online marketing/digital media from a recognized institute.
• 3-5 years’ required experience in field of digital and graphic design.
• Experience with social media advertising (e.g., Facebook ads and Promoted Tweets).
• Demonstrated social media skills and ability to use specialized software tools to design, update, and add additional web content as required.
• WordPress skills and experience.
• Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Knowledge working with email communication platforms including Mailchimp and Constant Contact.
• Experience with digital advertising platforms such as Google Ads and social media advertising.
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• The ability to deal with sensitive/confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database program and online fundraising platforms would be an asset.
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Not-for-profit experience an asset.
If the above information is the right fit for you, then apply to join our team and help us make life better for patients and their families.
Salary is commensurate with level of experiences and skills. Email resumes and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business day March 6, 2020.
Thank you for your interest, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.