JOB TITLE Marketing and Communications Coordinator
DEPARTMENT Marketing & Communications
LOCATION PW112-700 William Avenue
REPORTS TO Marketing and Communications Manager
SALARY RANGE $46,000 – $56,000
The Health Sciences Centre Foundation rallies individual, corporate, and institutional donors in support of HSC Winnipeg—Manitoba’s hospital. In partnership with over 56,000 donors since 1976, the HSC Foundation has raised over $205 million to support the important work of HSC Winnipeg. By inspiring Manitobans to donate, the HSC Foundation enhances patient care and accelerates innovation at HSC through the acquisition of state-of-the-art technology, the development of new clinical spaces, and the promotion of groundbreaking research. Through specific, timely, and essential investments, the HSC Foundation helps to deliver tomorrow’s health care, today.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, as the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and will assist in the coordination and execution of a wide variety of marketing communications projects in a fast-paced environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather, research, and prepare communications material that connects with our target audience in a variety of mediums
- Interview hospital patients and staff, as well as members of the HSC Foundation community, and write reader-first content for HSC Foundation communication channels
- Help coordinate project details, such as creative elements, story sourcing, and fact checking
- Media relations support including development and maintenance of media lists
- Assist in the preparation and execution of marketing materials, including but not limited to brochures, newsletters, biographies, e-blasts, and other material
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager with implementing content strategy and content calendar
- Proofread marketing materials to ensure error-free deliverables
- Support and consistently apply brand standards in presentation and communication materials
- Administrative work to support the Marketing and Communications Department (ie: scheduling meetings, ordering stationery, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities
- Have an excellent command of the English language
- Be a talented writer, storyteller, and researcher
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Be able to handle sensitive subject matter with tact and diplomacy
- Have a keen attention to detail and remarkable work ethic
- Be able to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines and work collaboratively with colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Be an effective, creative problem solver
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement
Education & Experience
- 2-4 years of experience in a marketing/communications role
- Communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing degree or diploma required. An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud an asset
- Writing samples will be required as part of the application process
- Some evening and weekend work required
- The HSC Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors, stakeholders, and the community. The Foundation requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with The Human Rights Code of Manitoba. In these cases, appropriate supporting documentation will be required.
The HSC Foundation offers a rewarding, dynamic, fast-paced work environment with a competitive salary. Upon completion of your probation, the HSC Foundation offers a comprehensive health and wellness benefits package, three weeks of vacation, RRSP matching, a short-term performance-based incentive program, an annual professional development allowance, and a hybrid working environment. Here, you will help make a difference in the lives of thousands of Manitobans and their loved ones.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 6, 2022.